Saturday, October 5, 2013

When It Isn’t Black and White

I used to think the world was so black and white. Life was easier when I believed that something was either right or wrong.

I used to make choices according to “the rules.” Consequently, I was more sure of the decisions I made.

These days I still believe in Absolute Truth.

But I also believe that Absolute Truth has a whole mess to say on the merits of long-cut detours, seemingly impractical decisions and getting our hands more than a little dirty.

My life is not as black and white as it once was.

The safety net of a reflexive “yes” or “no” has been replaced with angsty soul-searching and the joys of tossing and turning.

Yet, strangely enough, I eat and drink a song of peace.

orange

orange-001 orange smile 

PS – Did you vote for Love Without Boundaries today at Intuit’s Small Business, Big Game site? LWB is in the running for a professionally produced commercial to be aired during the Super Bowl. Go here to vote.

Ni Hao Yall

Linking up with Sunday Snapshot at Ni Hao Yall.

4 comments:

  1. Children will do that to you. :) Visiting from Sunday Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL images. Thank you so much for sharing!
    And for the reminder to vote for LWB. I keep forgetting to do it daily!
    ~nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to think of it as mellowing out in my old age. ;) I've noticed the same thing in myself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...