Monday, June 24, 2013

Silver Moon

Last week was kindergarten graduation at Luk Chaai’s school. He wasn’t a graduate, but did he have a role in the program.

As part of the program, they asked each of the graduates what they wanted to be when they grew up. Doctor, teacher and fire fighter were pretty standard fare. Some of the more creative answers were: face painter, race car driver, civil engineer and, everyone’s favorite, super hero. One little boy, who has a clear understanding of the sometimes complex role of law enforcement, wanted to be both a police man and a wrestler.

I sat there reading the answers as they came rolling across the screen, and I was grateful. I have no idea what Luk Chaai and Ying’s future occupations will be (although given Luk Chaai’s rather uncanny ability to find a loophole in my instructions, I have an inkling as to what his future career path may be.)

My gratitude was from the fact that my kids can be whatever they want to be. Their personalities, passions and natural abilities will dictate their futures. Ying may have some steep obstacles to overcome if she wants to be, say a surgeon. But I’m ruling nothing out. More than once they have known love. Love sows confidence. They have been bathed in the silver light of the moon.

moon

moon2

Did you see this weekend’s super moon? Super indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...