Sunday, September 15, 2013

I’ll Take Tinkering For A Dollar, Alex

Luk Chaai is a taker-aparter. If something can be undone, he’ll undo it. Permission not required.

The other day I came upstairs to find that he’d hoisted his Little Tikes car up so that he could work on the undercarriage. He’d used the cord from his sister’s blinds to do it.

On the one hand, I’m proud of his ingenuity. On other, I’d prefer to that the bulk of our household items remain as they were – working and intact. I think that second part is what Spike Lee was referring to when he said “parents are the biggest dream killers.”

So when we saw a neighbor’s yard sale this weekend, we knew this was our chance. Luk Chaai, Ying and Daddy went. They came back with a DVD/CD combo thing.

tinkering2

tinkering1

silhouette

Look, Dad, I did it!

screwdriver

Luk Chaai did not work alone.

Luk Chaai was given screwdrivers and the purchase. He was told “have at it.”

It might be the best dollar we’ve ever spent.

 

Ni Hao Yall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...